Cookies are information sets in text format, which are downloaded to your computer, laptop whenever you visit a site. Your web browser sends these cookies back to the site of origin at each of the subsequent visits or to another site that recognizes those cookies.
- Cookie files are used on the Website for various reasons. These include the following among others:
- for letting the User log in his/her account;
- for letting the user choose his/her preferences of authentication;
- for monitoring and collecting information about transactions made on Website;
- for advertising;
- in order to prevent fraud and to protect privacy
Cookie files are generally used in order to improve and optimize user’s experience. A part of cookie files we use are essential for the functioning of the Website.
There are two types of cookies:
- session cookies − are created temporarily in your browser’s subfolder to memorize them until the user leaves the website or closes the browser window;
- persistent cookies − they are stored on the hard-drive of the computer. Persistent cookies include those placed by another website than the one the user is just visiting − known as third-party cookies, these can be used anonymously in order to memorize user’s interests, so more relevant advertisements can be sent for the user.
Cookies are not viruses! They use plain text formats. They do not consist of chunks of code, thus they cannot be executed or they do not automatically run. Since they cannot fulfil these functions, they cannot be considered viruses.
For more details visit one of the following links: